To enlarge any photo, just click on it!!

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving


This week is when our American friends and neighbours celebrate Thanksgiving.  Of course we are obligated to celebrate with them so it's a bonus for us - we get to celebrate twice. We were fortunate to celebrate with friends so we were able to enjoy a great visit and wonderful food.  I decided to take a hint from my daughter earlier in the year and make a cornucopia - I was really pleased with the outcome.

Of course with Thanksgiving comes Black Friday which actually started with some retailers on Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday; and some carried it on to Saturday.  I guess an extension may mean extra sales.  I took part on Tuesday which was great as there weren't a lot of folks out.  Since that went so well I thought I might as well try Friday - oops, everyone was out.  There were some great sales which of course I had to buy.

While it was a quiet week it certainly ended on a high note.  Our heater core replacement arrived so the task of installing it began.  Well, two and a half hours later it was in, it was working, and there were no leaks.  Other than some awkward spots to replace screws, and a bit of twisting and lifting, it all went together quite easily.  So glad to get that done as we will likely need it before we get back home.

Now we will be looking at getting our windshield replaced before it ends up on my lap.  Back when we were on our way south, our windshield came loose.  Well it has held together pretty well but it has shifted again so the time has come.  This week we will be moving onto a lot in Yuma so we will make arrangements at that time.

Since it's been a very quiet week, with us just enjoying the sun,  there isn't a lot to share.  I hope your past week was great and may this coming week be just as great.

No comments:

Post a Comment