To enlarge any photo, just click on it!!

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Christmas Time's A-Coming!

It sure is starting to look a lot like Christmas!!  Many homes have a variety of Christmas decorations - some quite elaborate and some fairly basic, and some have none at all.  The Christmas baking has started.  I'm a little afraid to do very much baking as some of the favourites have to be made more than once - and sometimes more than twice.

This past week was the sighting of the Geminid meteor shower.  Fortunately, the skies were nice and clear.  Unfortunately, the best sighting was at 2 a.m.  On Thursday, the 14th, I happened to wake up at 2 a.m. so decided to see if I could see anything.  My first idea was to try and view the meteors from the front window of the motorhome.  Looking out, a number of homes leave their Christmas lights on all night so I decided that unless it was totally dark, there probably wasn't much use in trying to see any of the meteor shower so back to bed I went.  I understand that I could view it on You Tube so that ended up to be my choice.




Last night we attended a potluck wiener roast and then watched the local parade.  It is amazing at the number of vehicles, golf carts, ATV's that took the time to get all decked out for the holidays with the lights and other decorations.  Then today we went to a potluck block party.  These events are always great fun with lots of great food. 

Gerry is almost finished with the exterior cleaning of the motorhome.  This week he washed and waxed the roof - hopefully the dirt and dust will just slide right off.  Another job off the list!!

The temperatures have been almost perfect although it has been rather windy - some days worse than others.  But it has been warm, even with the wind; but rumour has it that it is all going to come to an end - hopefully for only a couple of days

On the most part the week was spent visiting and relaxing.  What a way to spend the week I have to admit. 


Thanks for stopping by - I hope each and everyone of you have a terrific week!

Couldn't resist the sunset!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment