To enlarge any photo, just click on it!!

Saturday, February 18, 2023

Back in Yuma

Just running a little late this week - will post shortly!!

As the saying goes - "a day late and a dollar short" - well I ended up both this week.  The day late is obvious but a dollar short?  Actually it was more like $10.00 short.  I went shopping with my friend Marleen for a few groceries and I knew all I needed was my  credit card; or at least that's what I thought.  However, roadside stands tend not to take credit cards - ended up owing Marleen my dollar(s) short.

The week started with a pizza party.  Marleen is the owner of many intriguing gadgets so this week we got to experiment with the pizza making equipment.  Of course we also got to enjoy different crusts and different pizzas!

This is the dough squisher so no trying to roll it our round

Here is the oven


The final product

We had some rain over a couple of days and cool weather.  In fact it was cool enough to create a layer of frost early in the morning - brrrr! 


Marleen and Gary's son, Travis, is also visiting from Minneapolis and he is likely the king of  new and interesting "toys" here he is playing with his latest.

Is it a bird, is it a plane, no it's.....

Travis' drone!!


We ended the week with a 60th Anniversary celebration.  Gary and Marleen's next door neighbours , Gene and Janice, celebrated their 60th anniversary (plus they were also our gracious hosts this past week).  Their son, Doug, and grandson, Kyle, flew from New York to celebrate this special day!

While the weather was  less than we wanted, the friendship and visiting more than made up for it.  Now on to another week.  I hope everyone had a great week and I'll be back in 6 days (hopefully - or maybe 7!).


No comments:

Post a Comment