To enlarge any photo, just click on it!!

Saturday, March 25, 2023

The Time Has Come

The time has come to think about heading towards the snow - well almost.  The past week has been mostly quiet and just doing some chores that had been a bit neglected over the past months.  Plus, last week I inundated you with pictures so I thought I had best give you all a break.

We went for a drive over Parker Dam and down the California side down to the town of Parker, AZ. 


For all the years we have been in this area, we have never done that trip and it is a beautiful little drive.  Parker Dam has been quite protected since 9-11 so no RV's or trailers are allowed across it.  There seem to be quite a variety of flowers growing along the road side which is great to see; although with the rain I would have hoped there would be more but I guess they are waiting for some heat as well.



I had heard that there were wild burros in the area, and sure enough - there were four that sauntered across the road and then just stood there, waiting to have their picture taken.


There were several turn-offs along the road that said dead-end so we decided to see where they led to.  At the end was a boat launch and a picnic table and several areas to fish.  Just before the end there were parking areas so you could unload your boat and park for up to 10 days while you were on the lake (Lake Havasu).

A few weeks ago, I showed a photo of a fire pit that someone had built - it had a chimney and closed in on one side.  Well, unfortunately, someone else decided that it was not to be - such a shame.  Here are before and after pictures.



There is a Mexican restaurant in town that I quite liked.  Unfortunately, I didn't think the food was as great as it has been - or else I have become a lot more particular.  I also love the decor as it makes the place such a happy place.

There has been a fair bit of rain in the area.  The other day we went shopping, and here is how the stores contend with rain problems.
And the week has come to a close and next week will be at a new address.  I hope you have a great week and may the sun gods shine upon you.  And melt the snow and bring warm weather.  Until next week..............

No comments:

Post a Comment