To enlarge any photo, just click on it!!

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Back on Track

Here it is Saturday evening and I'm back telling of our weekly activities just as I have intended to always do.  Somehow, I got a little off track.

We had a pretty relaxed week and spent much of the time enjoying the weather and enjoying friends.

We started off by making a quick trip into Yuma to do some visiting.  On the way, we pass by the Algodones Sand Dunes which I find quite amazing as well as beautiful.  It is often very hard to get a photo that is not filled with dune buggies, atvs, and other types of off road and sand buggies.  Plus, a photo doesn't always turn out when taken out of the window at highway speeds!  For some reason, this year does not seem to have the same traffic.



While in Yuma, our friends discovered that their motorhome had a broken door latch - only to be opened from the inside.  Fortunately, there was someone young, and lithe, to get in and get things working again.


I did get to spend a day inside, mostly in bed, because I was feeling somewhat punky and extremely tired.  I did catch up on some sleep (I didn't even know was needed some) and recovered pretty quickly.

As a group, we all go for a daily walk.  One day, back at some of the rock art that is displayed up the mountain, I saw a couple of new creations.  Actually, the artwork wasn't new, but it was new to me.



Our trip this week was to the pumpkin patch.  They are actually concretions which are  concrete balls formed from the sand.  We see them scattered here and there and sometimes jut out from wash walls but in this particular spot, they are very numerous.


  On our way, we stopped at 5 palms, a spot that there werefive5 palm trees; however there are now only four left.

And of course, no week is complete without a repair job on someone's motorhome.  And for once, it isn't even ours.  But the say many hands make work light so that must be true as the job was quickly done.


This week was valentines so all went out for a late lunch at Ram's Hill, a local golf course.  We sat on the patio and overlooked the golf course with is a lovely view.


Another week has come to an end.  May you all have a great week and I'll be back in seven days!!



 

2 comments:

  1. Why you coming back in 7 days? Sure have some different scenery to look at other than what Sask has to offer ♥️ Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry that I might mess seeing you. not sure yet when I will return to havasu

    ReplyDelete