To enlarge any photo, just click on it!!

Saturday, March 9, 2024

So Exciting

 It's Saturday evening and  I get to tell you of the exciting week we had.  Every day we have a game of cribbage after most meals.  We are nine days into the month of March and so far, I have been skunked three times, and am really on the losing end.  I have decided that I had best hone my card playing skills.

We are still in Yuma as we have been waiting for our friend, Gary, to recover from some health issues.  This week, however, he has had a temporary setback which we all hope will be resolved.

We did go out for a drive to see some of our favourite camping spots in past years and did see some interesting sites.

a heron just watching the world go by

a broccoli field that is going to seed

what an innovative way to disguise a cell tower

Routinely we go for a daily walk and I love some of the creativity that folks have in their landscaping.

moose standing in the shade

folks made from golf balls

I wonder if this eliminates junk mail

And we always enjoy the many varieties of flowers that are blooming.  I don't know the names of them but they all have some real unique characteristics.



And there is even beauty in the skies.

A few weeks ago I mentioned that there was a hen and three roosters living in a wash nearby.  We still hear the roosters daily but we did find the hen today.  Here she is, all alone, looking after four chicks!!

As you can see, our week was pretty low-key.  I hope everyone has a great week and I may have more stories to tell next week.

1 comment:

  1. How long will you be in Yuma? I'm heading home April 2nd. Still waiting on 3rd grandson. Final date 15th inducing will begin

    ReplyDelete